Fusion TSA’s vision for SEND ITT is to ensure each new recruit is equipped with the knowledge and understanding of SEND through leadership and collaborative practice. Our drive, is to promote Outstanding SEND practice in all phases and types of school across the region.
By working in partnership with other TSA's, Fusion TSA believes it can break down some of the artificial professional barriers which exist, between special and mainstream provision. Our experiences demonstrate how effectively trainees can be introduced to diverse and personalised classroom practice, so that we build at the beginning of their careers, the desire and ability to carefully differentiate delivery, and embrace individuality.
By blending professional learning between specialists and mainstream providers, we all benefit from well prepared and well trained SENCO's of the future, who become effective, collaborative leaders.
Fusion TSA has a well-established role in supporting the recruitment and training of ITT students in collaboration with Sheffield TSA and Hallam University.
Key features are :
- Well-developed personalised routes as advertised on UCAS and respective TSA websites
- An ITT school based training program which now includes a larger number of sessions delivered by Fusion TSA,
- Support from an experienced and accredited specialist Mentor for ITT.
- In partnership with Hallam University, dovetailed SEND specific training within the mainstream programme,
- Embellished and enriched ITT programme which prepares young teachers, for the challenges and demands of delivering high quality teaching and learning whilst also addressing personalisation.
- Opportunities to network with Special School colleagues, visit Special School settings, including participation in SEND training which has a clear impact on professional practice.
Fusion TSA by working in partnership with other TSA's, are able to offer blended learning opportunities which provide additional and supportive strategies for working with pupils with SEND. Using the talents of Outstanding staff from across our Alliance, we can layer specific and specialist knowledge onto ITT programmes and equip student teachers for the rigors of teaching, regardless of their setting.
Please contact Cheryl Gaughan, Fusion TSA Lead Practitioner, to discuss our ITT support and how we might contribute to your programme.